View Single Post
Old 06.12.2020, 11:06
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 100 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 1,401 Times in 640 Posts
FCBarca has a reputation beyond reputeFCBarca has a reputation beyond reputeFCBarca has a reputation beyond reputeFCBarca has a reputation beyond reputeFCBarca has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Covid Vaccine: Will you get it?

Quote:
View Post
I really do have to wonder at all of the posts in this thread talking about acting as "guinea pigs" for "untested" vaccines.

The vaccines have been through an accepted level testing and no significant safety concerns have been raised in the 42 thousand people that were injected. Long-term test results are not available for obvious reasons. I think that pregnant women are one of the only groups not yet tested.

There is so much scaremongering going from scientifically ignorant people, a lot of it fuelled by Facebook anti-vax groups.
How can you possibly state no significant safety concerns without stipulating in the very short term? Vaccine development is predicated on long-term safety surveillance before being available to public, it is only being considered due to emergency circumstances but it is a gross misjudgement to claim no safety concerns when they have rushed through the normal decade long development cycle for a vaccine in less than 9 months

I am neither anti-vax nor a cynic but understand quite well safety cannot be adjudicated in such a short time frame - there is absolutely an element of rolling the dice here, not sure why anyone would admonish those who propose caution rather than diving in
The following 2 users would like to thank FCBarca for this useful post: