View Single Post
Old 06.12.2020, 11:19
Forum Legend

Groaned at 1,097 Times in 751 Posts
Thanked 18,525 Times in 7,179 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Covid Vaccine: Will you get it?

Quote:
View Post
How can you possibly state no significant safety concerns without stipulating in the very short term? Vaccine development is predicated on long-term safety surveillance before being available to public, it is only being considered due to emergency circumstances but it is a gross misjudgement to claim no safety concerns when they have rushed through the normal decade long development cycle for a vaccine in less than 9 months

I am neither anti-vax nor a cynic but understand quite well safety cannot be adjudicated in such a short time frame - there is absolutely an element of rolling the dice here, not sure why anyone would admonish those who propose caution rather than diving in
I didn't claim there were "no safety concerns whatsoever" I wrote:

-There are no significant safety concerns raised in the 42000 people tested for Pfizer.
-There are no long-term study results yet available (for obvious reasons).

If established medical and regulatory bodies are saying it is safe to use, then weighing up the pros and cons of getting COVID and associated health complication, vs receiving a vaccine that has been well tested in the short term with no adverse affects but that untested in long-term use... then I will take the vaccine any day of the week.