View Single Post
Old 06.12.2020, 19:13
Forum Legend

Groaned at 421 Times in 313 Posts
Thanked 19,826 Times in 10,618 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Covid Vaccine: Will you get it?

Quote:
View Post
You say "roll of the dice" like everything is left to chance, like it's some random quack concoction that gives you a 50/50 chance of dying a horrible death. That there is a risk associated with the vaccine I have no doubt, but I also don't doubt that the risk is very small vs the risk and impact of catching COVID and having long term health issues as a result.

Science and medicine are not always 100% perfect, but they are far better than leaving things to chance and if so many high profile figures with access to the best medical experts in the world such as the queen and major politicians etc are willing to take the vaccine then that's good enough for me.

You and everyone else can do what they like, wait a year or even two if you want, it is of no concern to me and it's up to the government and related bodies to cultivate mass acceptance of this vaccine, hopefully enforced by required vaccinations for travel etc. Society needs to function again and I am far more happy to take a vaccine with a tiny residual risk from no long term testing, than I am to walk around worrying about COVID everywhere I go.
Since when did a dice have 2 sides, tossing a coin would be 50:50 chance.
Death is certainly not the worst option if something goes badly wrong.........
People need to make their own choice, take a vaccine, stay at home or live a normal life. The people at risk are pretty well defined.
The following 3 users would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: