View Single Post
Old 09.12.2020, 21:42
Moderately Amused

Groaned at 82 Times in 78 Posts
Thanked 18,281 Times in 8,169 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dialysis coverage

Quote:
View Post
Hi, I am trying to find out what could be the approximate cost of dialysis is Switzerland if you have a basic insurance.

I would like to see if it is worthy to move or if the cost of my treatment means is not realistic based on my income and the cost of my Dialysis. I know you can no say exactly because it changes from canton to canton, bu is you can actually give me an idea to help me to calculate.
See my post #3 on the first page of this thread.

AFAIK, dialysis in and of itself should not cost you more out of pocket than anything else since it's covered by the basic insurance. However if that's not the case someone please correct me!

I recommend you go with the lowest deductible (franchise) of 300 Francs. Where your cost will vary is the insurance premium amount in your canton. Some cantons have more expensive premiums than others, even for the basic insurance. Your premium is also based on your age and gender

Using my own basic insurance from Canton Bern a few years ago as an example:

1 - Monthly premium - I think it was 285, so about 3,420 per year. We got a small discount if we paid all in one go
2 - Annual deductible - 300
3 - Co-payments of 10% of each bill for the next 7,000 CHF in costs = 700

Total out of pocket for covered medical care in a year = 4,420.

I think comparis.ch lets you put in some of your numbers like age and canton and you can get a range of premium costs.