View Single Post
Old 10.12.2020, 14:04
Forum Legend

Groaned at 92 Times in 57 Posts
Thanked 5,629 Times in 2,586 Posts
Island Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
The tool is still saying:

If you enter Switzerland overland via the EU, the border veterinary inspection is carried out on entry into the EU.
I'm not sure what you are seeing.... but I suspect you are reading for an animal coming into the country for the first time, without an EU/CH pet passport. If you are returning with your Swiss pet there really is no problem.

Read https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info...lling_en_6.pdf - Page 16, 5.1.2.3.

Non-commercial movements into the EU-27 of pets accompanying a pet owner resident in an EU-27 Member State and returning from the United Kingdom after a temporary movement to the United Kingdom.... (Note: CH passports treated equal to EU passports I asked Eurotunnel).

If the United Kingdom is not listed by the Commission The same conditions as set out in point 5.1.2.1. apply.
In addition, the pets must have a valid rabies antibody titration test in accordance with Annex IV to Regulation (EU) No 576/2013. The test must have been carried out in an approved laboratory.
- either before movement to the United Kingdom on a sample taken at least 30 days after vaccination and documented in the pet passport; or
- in the United Kingdom on a sample taken at least 30 days after vaccination and not less than three months before return to EU-27 Member States and documented in the animal health certificate issued by an official veterinarian in the United Kingdom based on supporting documentation from the laboratory.
Pets entering the EU-27 as of the withdrawal date will have to be presented to a designated travellers’ point of entry in order to undergo the necessary compliance checks.

Last edited by Island Monkey; 10.12.2020 at 14:27.
This user would like to thank Island Monkey for this useful post: