View Single Post
Old 10.12.2020, 14:39
Forum Legend

Groaned at 92 Times in 57 Posts
Thanked 5,631 Times in 2,586 Posts
Island Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Yes, I did say it probably hadn't been updated yet, not sure what you are getting at?

Since this all seems a bit ridiculous (suddenly requiring all animals coming from the UK to enter by air only), I sent a message to my mate who works for the Swiss customs department and is currently going batsh*t crazy with all the changes in time for proper Brexit. Not expecting an answer before the weekend though.
You are taking this all wrong.

If you are bringing you pet directly into Switzerland from the UK (which is only possible by air) then you have to go into one of those designated airports.

IF you are going by road, Switzerland is not your first country of entry to the Schengen area.... so they don't deal with it. France if driving from UK, deal with entry.... then Switzerland treat you as entering with a pet from France.

I also had this confirmed by Swiss authorities... It's France's responsibility. Here is the email;

Hello

If you will be travelling by car you have to inform you in the first EU country you will be entering which import conditions do apply. You can continue to Switzerland with the same documents required to enter the EU.

Kind regards

Jakob Griessen
Infodesk

Federal Department of Home Affairs FDHA
Federal Food Safety and Veterinary Office FSVO
Section Communication
This user would like to thank Island Monkey for this useful post: