View Single Post
Old 11.12.2020, 17:40
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 14 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 2,573 Times in 1,070 Posts
smackerjack has a reputation beyond reputesmackerjack has a reputation beyond reputesmackerjack has a reputation beyond reputesmackerjack has a reputation beyond reputesmackerjack has a reputation beyond reputesmackerjack has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Driving to London / Brexit: New regs on animal imports

I spoke last week to an official at the department in the UK which deals with this as my daughter, husband and dog wish to visit on the 17th December.

Their trip is complicated as their dog had his rabies vaccination in the UK in his UK pet passport but now has a Swiss one that his vaccinations are in. The informed me that if they returned to Switzerland before 31 December everything is the same but if they had to delay their return they would run into trouble unless they had a certificate for the rabies. He advised them to get one at the swiss vets and actually they gave him a booster for his rabies. They took blood on Monday to be sent to Bern and they are awaiting the result. But he said when they enter the UK to just show the original jab - I do feel very anxious about the whole procedure. The problem is that the UK did not have listed status when I spoke to him.

TheKMAN- Can I ask you about the 5 day quarantine and testing please as reading up on this, it can only be done at specific locations - are you having this at the Eurotunnel?
This user would like to thank smackerjack for this useful post: