View Single Post
Old 12.12.2020, 13:08
Forum Legend

Groaned at 250 Times in 176 Posts
Thanked 8,971 Times in 3,386 Posts
Pancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sinutab / Sudafed equivalent

There are a few cold / sinus products at the Apothekes here that contain pseudoephedrine. One that I like to keep on hand during the cold season is Fluimucil Grippe Day & Night (photo below). The day packets contain pseudoephedrine (40 mg) as well as Paracetamol 500 mg and Acetylcysteinum 200 mg., which is a low dose expectorant to break up mucus in the sinuses and lungs. It's important to drink lots of water for the expectorant to work effectively. The night tablets can be good to take before bed if you're having trouble sleeping. They contain Paracetamol 500 mg and Chlorophenamini maleas (an antihistamine, which will help you sleep) 4 mg.

I am lactose intolerant but have never had any problems with that product or any sinus or cold medications sold here.

Name:  3277475_paf_m.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  18.5 KB

But do be careful with pseudoephedrine products and what dose you take and when. I once bought a slow-release pseudoephedrine product here that literally had me awake for two or three days, unable to sleep.

Also, if you ever have severe sinus congestion and the resulting headaches, there is another product sold here that is natural (plant-based) that is awesome for immediately clearing the sinuses and providing immediate sinus headache relief. It's called "Prevalin Nasodren." It makes you sneeze like crazy for about 20 seconds after taking it, but then all that stuff finally comes out, clearing your sinuses.

Name:  prevalin-245x252.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  8.4 KB
The following 2 users would like to thank Pancakes for this useful post: