Thread: Chocolate chip
View Single Post
Old 13.12.2020, 18:15
Forum Legend

Groaned at 198 Times in 164 Posts
Thanked 13,668 Times in 7,110 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chocolate chips.

So today I was wondering why the chocolat bits in the chocolate chip cookies don't melt during baking. First part of the research lead to "less cocoa butter within them". Aha. So I guess I need to buy those American thingies which are actually Swiss (Nestlé) but of course I couldn't find them. Just like I import Savlon for decades now because this Novartis product is not available in Switzerland. You are all totally correct, this is a crazy country. <rant over>

However, fourth result in google is this EF thread from 2011/2012 Wow. So back here I am again.

Quote:
View Post
You can find "Schoko-Würfeli" in the baking section of most large Coop or Migros stores. They're just squarish bits of chocolate, not the shape you might be expecting, but they'll work for most recipes. (To get real, chocolate-chip-shaped chocolate chips you'll have to buy them from an American food shop.)
Thanks MathNut, never noticed them but now found them on the Migros website. Glad you came all the way from the States to point me in their direction.

Quote:
View Post
I have discovered that the migros budget dark chocolate with 45% cocoa best approximate Tollhouse chips, at least to my palette . You have to buy the bar of chocolate and then make them into small bits...also very economical at 45 rappen per bar
This is how I did it so far but it all melted. So are there pieces left after baking the black Budget chocolate?