Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 14.12.2020, 11:44
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 216 Times in 136 Posts
Thanked 2,470 Times in 861 Posts
Susie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
I also doubt it, but its undeniable that Bern has had a tidal wave of Romandie flooding the streets during the last few Saturdays. The only language I would hear on the streets was French and the streets have been absolutely packed like no other time of year.
Yes - nothing but French heard in the old town during their lockdown...I have some friends in Lausanne and it was one big party on Instagram over the weekend, it seems people will never learn.

Quote:
View Post
Oxfam warns that more people could starve to death than dye of COVID in
https://reliefweb.int/report/world/1...y-more-disease
The situation is indeed bad in third world countries. I have a friend who moved to Columbia to work as an architect and had to come back due to a massive crime increase. A very laid back hippie dude who said he was afraid to leave his house. We do have to consider the effect the virus has on the world, unfortunately it is a cruel reality.

Now that we know an effective vaccine will soon be here, it is time to go into a stricter lockdown. Close all restaurants and bars - offer them financial assistance until the most at risk get vaccinated. Limiting their hours of operation is effectively putting them out of business. The holiday season is essentially these type of businesses bread and butter - they will not survive the next year without some kind of help. Keep all stores open at normal hours so they do not get too crowded - I really do not understand the decision to limit shopping hours...it makes zero sense. Finally, close the ski slopes - it has been proven there is no safe way to keep them open.
The following 3 users would like to thank Susie-Q for this useful post: