Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 14.12.2020, 12:30
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 23 Times in 23 Posts
Thanked 2,583 Times in 1,215 Posts
Axa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Yes - nothing but French heard in the old town during their lockdown...I have some friends in Lausanne and it was one big party on Instagram over the weekend, it seems people will never learn.
We went to Neuchâtel to buy some wine after the 2nd lockdown. Then went up to La Chaux de Fonds to sleep. As expected, no one on the streets, a third or even less tables occupied in the restaurant, so a good choice to avoid the crowd

Sunday morning arrives, the Sun shines, I propose to my wife a coffee in La Vue des Alpes before driving home and total fail......it was Christmas market up there A 100-200+ place parking lot completely full, people packed together around the vin chaud/glühwein stand, the terrace full of people, 10+ people tables, no one wearing a mask, of course everyone using the same toilets......we just drove away and had a coffee at a deserted gas station on the highway. I know hypocrisy is a strong word and don't use it that much but I don't see the point in cancelling Christmas markets on city centers only to have a Christmas market up in the mountains
The following 4 users would like to thank Axa for this useful post: