View Single Post
Old 14.12.2020, 15:46
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 454 Times in 266 Posts
Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,279 Posts
TonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
So Barnier has said that "if the UK compromise on fish", there will be a deal.

Given that fish is a ludicrously small industry (several times smaller than Games workshop - who make Warhammer toys) - it would be ridiculous for talks to now fail.

Subject to the above proceeding as I suspect, are we going to see any contrition from JackieH, who said something along the lines of "the ERG put Boris in to get no deal", and said that I was "naive" for arguing otherwise - despite being on close terms to 4 or 5 members of that group and having previously stood for the Conservative Party, been the chairman for a cabinet minster etc. etc.

(Jackie - if you are reading I think you are awesome - just that you are wrong about the above!)
You are right however problem with fishing is that it is such a politically charged issue. The SNP are just waiting to pounce if fishing is sold out as fishing is one of the big Brexit benefits for Scotland. It also sends out the wrong message if, for example, it looks as if the UK is selling out fishing for big corporations or banks in London.