View Single Post
Old 15.12.2020, 10:37
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 32 Times in 27 Posts
Thanked 2,057 Times in 1,024 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cashback cards - anyone tried already?

Quote:
View Post
I am very happy with my Cornercard with 1.5% cashback. During the summer and in special campaigns, they doubled the cashback to 3%. The yearly fee of the card is easily covered by the cashback, and insurance, concierge and lounge access etc. is included

https://www.cornercard.ch/

About the offer above, I don't think it is worth it really, for the cashback. As someone mentioned, most of the cashback is from the American Express card which is difficult to use. Try the calculator, with a monthly spending of 1000 Fr on the Visa card, you only get 24 Fr back at the end of the year.
Amex can be used in both migros and coop and most big chain shops.

I use the Swiss cashback Amex for c. 50% of my spending. Despite having zero links to the US I use a 0% fx US credit card (HSBC Premier) for my visa spend - which is available if you earn more than the Englishforum minimum wage and gets you 1% - albeit I have to revolut the CHF to USD to pay the bill.

The cornercard 1.5% offer is decent, but with a 500 chf annual fee you'd have to spend 33k annually on the card to break even, over 40k to beat the free coop card and probably c. 100k to beat my combination.

That said the lounge access would quickly pay for the extra cost if you are a regular traveller though - so nice find. Probably the first offering I've seen in Switzerland that's competitive with my arrangement. I certainly prefer it to the Amex platinum.

Does it get the whole family into the lounge like Amex platinum or just you?

Last edited by HickvonFrick; 15.12.2020 at 11:23.