View Single Post
Old 20.12.2020, 20:31
la mod

Groaned at 116 Times in 94 Posts
Thanked 16,488 Times in 5,250 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Billed 260CHF to change a light bulb!

Quote:
View Post
reviving this old thread, as I have similar issue in the kitchen.

The neon bulb is gone, and it seems impossible to remove the plastic cover without breaking it. The connectors on sides as well as the top holder seem totally fixed - unmovable. The plastic can just slightly be bended inside but any further move would obviously break it. All seems so strongly glued (or screwed?) to the tiles that there is simply no space even for a screwdriver to place behind the connectors, or the plastic cover (in order to push it from backwards...).

Any ideas where to start, or the only option is to call the agency?
If it were me I would replace with a more modern LED under-counter light, then it doesn't matter if you break it trying to get to the tube. I've replaced quite a few ancient florescent light rails and as long as you power down from the fuse box its simple.

You can always fire an email to the agency to ask if you can replace a fluorescent light with a more efficient LED one, I doubt they would object.
The following 2 users would like to thank Castro for this useful post: