View Single Post
Old 21.12.2020, 00:19
Forum Legend

Groaned at 124 Times in 91 Posts
Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,537 Posts
Mrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Billed 260CHF to change a light bulb!

Quote:
View Post
If it were me I would replace with a more modern LED under-counter light, then it doesn't matter if you break it trying to get to the tube. I've replaced quite a few ancient florescent light rails and as long as you power down from the fuse box its simple.

You can always fire an email to the agency to ask if you can replace a fluorescent light with a more efficient LED one, I doubt they would object.
I am in the midst of changing all the old undercabinet lights to LED. It wasn't my intention but one light broke and it was part of a series. A compatible product was not available so I found I had a new project.

Many of the newer models have an integrated bulb which cannot be changed. Also, the bulbs are generally covered which is better in the kitchen.

Now, for the problem recently posted. Looking at the pic I can't say for sure how the bulb is removed but one trick I found useful is to take a small thin mirror and see if you can look behind the light, just to be sure the tube isn't just inserted and turned from there. It's unlikely.

If the entire fixture is broken the property manager/owner should replace it if it was there when you moved in.