View Single Post
Old 22.12.2020, 20:17
Moderately Dutch

Groaned at 360 Times in 301 Posts
Thanked 13,459 Times in 6,310 Posts
roegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: CS criminally prosecuted

Quote:
View Post
Personal anecdote about money laundering EU brilliant laws. I won a wristwatch from Milan auction house last week. Instead of invoice the girl from the house sent me a Money Laundering and Terrorism financing form. Form is very detailed and long and basically disregards EU privacy laws in more ways than one.
I wonder if buying a watch for a few thousands qualifies as money laundering? Afterall my first and last name are not Middle Eastern and I buy and ship within EU. Also, how would it be possible to finance terrorism if I am giving the potential terrorism funds to the auction house? Will I be able to sponsor terrorism with a vintage wristwatch? Can it be used to make a bomb?
EU law enforcement is a f-n joke.
You should send them the forms to complete to make sure they got that watch legally:-)

Assuming you did not spend tens of thousands on that watch, this is plain ridiculous.

Best one at work is compliance on deleting personal data in emails. They only forgot that we cannot delete anything that is in the Outlook vault......
This user would like to thank roegner for this useful post: