View Single Post
Old 24.12.2020, 18:38
la mod

Groaned at 117 Times in 95 Posts
Thanked 16,399 Times in 5,219 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Yes, will just have to line up with all the riff-raff from non-EU countries We will be treated as lepers outside UK and Switzerland
Quote:
View Post
I'm not sure that's right. I think that as the holder of a residence permit in Switzerland, you should be able to use the EU/EEA/Switzerland passport holders' queue, even though you don't hold any of those passports.

That's how it worked for me with UK border control when I had indefinite right to remain in the UK, before I acquired UK citizenship.
Quote:
View Post
surely it is the passport that will count. I remember the days before the EU when I had to queue, with my Swiss passport, in the 'alien queue.
Quote:
View Post
Switzerland was not in the EU so clearly you needed to be in the non EU line until CH signed bilateral agreements about 15 years ago.
So its not just me I have an Indian colleague on a C permit, I'll ask him.