View Single Post
Old 27.12.2020, 14:32

Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Murloc has an excellent reputationMurloc has an excellent reputationMurloc has an excellent reputationMurloc has an excellent reputation
Re: 200 Brits Escape from Verbier

Quote:
View Post
Makes no sense. How have 200 people who prob donít know each other coordinated this themselves from their rooms. Then where have they gone? If they donít have cars there are not many flights. Add to that you donít need to disappear as you can get permission already to travel home.

my hypothesis:

1. their british ski holiday tour operator organized a bus to france without telling authorities and picked them up in the night. It's a quick jump over the border from verbier.

2. the hotel is being all like "oh we didn't see anything" despite 200 suitcases rolling in the night because they want return customers back next year

3. the canton will not make much noise about it because the problem is gone really, they just went on a bus and went abroad without coming in contact with the population, besides these people were in quarantine and not even ill with corona. To sum up: victimless crime, shared economic interests with the hotel.

4. the confederation will say it's up to the canton to enforce the rules, and they're not going to throw a diplomatic temper tantrum over this becuase it's not worth it for the same reasons as above.

5. the channel is actually open for lorry drivers if they get a quick test done even from the UK to France, but I don't think the UK has any reason to test the incoming drivers, and for passengers I don't think you are in the same queue as the lorries so it's possibly not even that crazy, even if they have to all get a quick test.
The following 4 users would like to thank Murloc for this useful post: