View Single Post
Old 28.12.2020, 03:27
Forum Legend

Groaned at 1,099 Times in 753 Posts
Thanked 18,580 Times in 7,204 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Covid Vaccine: Will you get it?

Quote:
View Post
I mean this with all sincerity, the level of ignorance you've displayed in your post is off the charts.

I would implore anybody reading this to seek independent healthcare advice and to make a carefully considered decision on any prophylactic measures that they may or may not wish to take.

Specifically regarding vaccines, it is helpful to consult the Fact Sheets. As an example, below is a list of the possible symptoms of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine taken from the Fact Sheet which you should also note is an unapproved vaccine that has received authorisation for emergency use only.

• injection site pain
• tiredness
• headache
• muscle pain
• chills
• joint pain
• fever
• injection site swelling
• injection site redness
• nausea
• feeling unwell
• swollen lymph nodes (lymphadenopathy)

In addition there is a remote chance of an allergic reaction resulting in:

• Difficulty breathing
• Swelling of your face and throat
• A fast heartbeat
• A bad rash all over your body
• Dizziness and weakness

And here is the ingredient list for those that may like to consider the the individual components:

mRNA, lipids ((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate), 2 [(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide, 1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3- phosphocholine, and cholesterol), potassium chloride, monobasic potassium phosphate, sodium chloride, dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate, and sucrose.

The Fact Sheet is available from:

https://www.fda.gov/media/144414/download
I mean this with all sincerity, the level of hyperbole you've displayed in your post is off the charts. It's like you have never seen a warning list of potential symptoms for a vaccine or other medications before. Such lists of possible side effects are nothing new and I am guessing you just never bothered to look at them until now when a vaccine has you all fired up.

Like I said, medical and scientific ignorance is rife and takes many forms; this includes pretending to know about the risks of individual ingredients that a vaccine is composed of. People who regurgitate things they read on social media or hear from others and then engage in pseudo-scientific discussions, issuing warnings left right and centre without the knowledge or facts to back up their claims, are a serious barrier to fighting the pandemic and a stark reminder of what the medical community are up against.

There are entire teams of many thousands of medical experts worldwide working on creating, testing and approving these vaccines. They are all sharing information and working with government and medical regulatory bodies who all have families and who all care about the effect they will have on people. My view is that it would be better if people trusted them instead of engaging in conspiracy theory BS based on their own lack of knowledge and mostly irrational fears.

Last edited by Chuff; 28.12.2020 at 07:30.
The following 4 users would like to thank Chuff for this useful post: