View Single Post
Old 28.12.2020, 09:16

Groaned at 19 Times in 9 Posts
Polymath has a reputation beyond reputePolymath has a reputation beyond reputePolymath has a reputation beyond reputePolymath has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Covid Vaccine: Will you get it?

Quote:
View Post
Doesn't that vaccine sound terrifying! Those evil pharmaceutical companies are obviously trying to kill us all! Look at this list of adverse events. Just reading all these awful side effects is enough to give you a headache*:

Hepatic
  • Increased aspartate aminotransferase
  • Increased hepatic transaminases
  • Liver failure

Gastrointestinal
  • Nausea (up to 34%)
  • Vomiting (up to 15%)
  • Abdominal pain
  • Diarrhea
  • Constipation
  • Dyspepsia
  • Enlarged abdomen
  • Dry mouth

Hypersensitivity
  • Anaphylaxis
  • Hypersensitivity reactions

Hematologic
  • Anemia
  • Postoperative hemorrhage
  • Thrombocytopenia
  • Leucopenia
  • Neutropenia

Dermatologic
  • Rash
  • Pruritus
  • Serious skin reactions such as acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, and toxic epidermal necrolysis
  • Pemphigoid reaction
  • Pustular rash
  • Lyell syndrome

Respiratory
  • Dyspnea
  • Abnormal breath sounds
  • Pulmonary edema
  • Hypoxia
  • Pleural effusion
  • Stridor
  • Wheezing
  • Coughing

Cardiovascular
  • Peripheral edema
  • Hypertension
  • Hypotension
  • Tachycardia
  • Chest pain

Metabolic
  • Hypokalemia
  • Hyperglycemia

Nervous system
  • Headache
  • Dizziness
  • Dystonia

Musculoskeletal
  • Muscle spasms
  • Trismus

Psychiatric
  • Insomnia
  • Anxiety

Genitourinary
  • Oliguria

Local
  • Infusion site pain
  • Injection site reactions

Ocular
  • Periorbital edema

Other
  • Pyrexia
  • Fatigue
  • Malaise

*Just make sure you don't take a Panadol. This is the list of possible adverse events caused by paracetamol (acetaminophen), also known as Panadol, Tylenol, and around 600 other trade names.

Every drug causes side effects (not "symptoms", by the way). For most commonly used drugs, those side effects are usually fairly inconsequential (relative to the medical problem they are treating) or very rare. Pharmaceutical manufacturers have to report every adverse event and side effect reported for each drug they produce—hence the outlandish list for paracetamol. Frankly, I really like the look of the BioNTech/Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine side effects compared to a) the side effects of paracetamol and b) the symptoms of COVID-19.

Oh, and trying to scare people with the list of ingredients of the vaccine is quite laughable, too. Sweeten up, pop a little (2R,3R,4S,5S,6R)-2-[(2S,3S,4S,5R)-3,4-dihydroxy-2,5-bis(hydroxymethyl)oxolan-2-yl]oxy-6-(hydroxymethyl)oxane-3,4,5-triol in your coffee! (You probably guessed that that's sugar.)

The post I just quoted is really condescending, without any ground for the superior attitude. I just don't get where anti-vaxxers are coming from.
My post is not condescending. I made a statement that an earlier poster's comments were founded on ignorance. This is a fact. I then recommended that people reading this forum seek independent healthcare advice and listed some points from a Fact Sheet.

NB: I didn't offer any opinion at all on what was listed from the Fact Sheet.

Your post however, is condescending. You are claiming that I have tried to scare people with the ingredient list. That is an inference and it is incorrect. You don't call me an anti-vaxxer explicitly but some people might interpret it that way and typically this is used in a derogatory fashion.

Anti-vaxxer is really quite an unhelpful term. The reason is that there are many different types of vaccines and people may be accepting of some and more cautious of others.

It looks like you're a moderator on this forum. That's a bit troubling as your post certainly couldn't be described as moderate.

Last edited by Polymath; 28.12.2020 at 10:09.
The following 3 users would like to thank Polymath for this useful post:
This user groans at Polymath for this post: