View Single Post
Old 29.12.2020, 21:17
Forum Legend

Groaned at 203 Times in 180 Posts
Thanked 19,978 Times in 8,256 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Covid Vaccine: Will you get it?

Quote:
View Post
Do your cantons have a strategy worked out yet? Schwyz still seems to be keeping everyone in the dark, including the hospitals and local gps.
Neuchâtel seems to have a basic plan worked out.

The first people being vaccinated are the very vulnerable people who are able to get themselves to the vaccination centre themselves. Housebound people won’t get it until they have worked out a plan for administration at home.
This is due to the storage constraints of the Pfizer vaccine and the logistics of taking it to old people’s homes etc. They are hoping to be able to start vaccinating in the old people’s homes next week according to the paramedic we were chatting to whilst under observation following the vaccine. Health care workers will be next in line.

Due to the population of Neuchâtel being relatively low we will only be getting 2% of the total vaccines in Switzerland so it will take some time before they manage to vaccinate everybody who wants it.

They are relying on the GPs to provide them with details of vulnerable patients and then contacting them directly to arrange for the vaccination. I think some GPs are a lot more proactive than others.

They received 250 doses initially and administered 50 yesterday, 100 today and will do a hundred tomorrow. We were number 100 and 101 to be vaccinated in Neuchâtel and I was by far and away the youngest person being vaccinated when I was there today.
Given that the vaccination centre is in the arse end of nowhere a lot of people were being taken there by friends or relatives. I imagine some people declined due to the logistics of getting there.
I read in tte news today that there are hundreds of people already in the waiting list for the next batch of vaccines so I think people are going to have to be patient.

I feel very privileged to have been one of the first people to have received the vaccine here.
The following 7 users would like to thank Belgianmum for this useful post: