View Single Post
Old 30.12.2020, 11:57
Forum Legend

Groaned at 205 Times in 182 Posts
Thanked 20,477 Times in 8,442 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Covid Vaccine: Will you get it?

Quote:
View Post
I'm thankful for all the people who were willing to go first, with receiving the vaccines, including the trial recipients.

For myself, I trust science and all the knowledge that went into the development of these vaccines more than I trust or obey my own ignorance of them. And I think that's what a lot of people who refuse to get the vaccine are basing their fears on -- their ignorance. I'd rather get the vaccine and whatever potential but unlikely side-effects might come with it rather than continue to be vulnerable to a potentially deadly virus and not do my part in trying to help bring an end to this pandemic. I don't think any of us want to still be dealing with this shit a year or two from now.
If it helps, I worked in vaccine research for a large pharmaceutical company back in Belgium and I had the vaccine yesterday.
My initial reaction was there is no way in hell Iím going to get a vaccine developed in such a short time frame but after having looked into it closely and discussed with my former colleagues I changed my mind.
I personally think the benefits far outweigh the potential risks.
The following 6 users would like to thank Belgianmum for this useful post: