View Single Post
Old 30.12.2020, 12:29
A modal singularity

Groaned at 366 Times in 237 Posts
Thanked 15,377 Times in 6,655 Posts
Ace1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Covid Vaccine: Will you get it?

Quote:
View Post
I know someone who left Pharma industry and is an anti-vaxxer now, but I suspect that she will take the vaccine quietly.
I can never understand how anyone can work in the industry with such a level of wilful ignorance.

Mine dew, I did once work with someone who claimed to be a statistician (turned out that she was a linguist, and thought that stats was just a matter of counting) and managed to blag herself a job as a stats programmer. I shared a cubicle with her for a while. Lasted just three months, as she was basically completely unqualified, inexperienced and useless.

Anyway, she was a bit anti-everything, including E-numbers, deodorant (pooh!) meat and drugs. I was recovering from some knee injury at the time and she really thought that taking anti-inflammatories (which would help speed up healing) was bad, and that one should simply sit on one's arse with one's feet up until the swelling went down. Mind-boggling.

She seemed to believe that she wasn't being hypocritical working in pharma by insisting that she would just work on "good" drugs.