Thread: Ask a Scientist
View Single Post
Old 30.12.2020, 14:54
modified, reprogrammed and doctored˛

Groaned at 343 Times in 237 Posts
Thanked 18,795 Times in 9,785 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ask a Scientist

I get the individual manifestations, yeah. It's more post-effect data collection, though.

I am wondering how probable symmetry gets considered, before it manifests - in such a hard to predict environment where some symmetry gets to be expected but so...individually. I bet geneticians or evol biologists band with math. I also think that it is really not about symmetry but it has to help with data. It must be explored when calculating how, when and what gets affected in development. Why body - coz it's largely predictable and we know it. The universe will provide different models, so. More theoretical. Body is here and as you said, we live the asymm/symm difference. There must be a simple principle, which is the same for a leaf and for an eye. It also is quite...Darwinian, desirable. That's another thing. Universe isn't.

“The only difference between a rut and a grave is a matter of depth.” S.P. Cadman

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." A. Einstein

Last edited by MusicChick; 30.12.2020 at 15:07.