Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 30.12.2020, 18:22

Groaned at 19 Times in 9 Posts
Polymath has a reputation beyond reputePolymath has a reputation beyond reputePolymath has a reputation beyond reputePolymath has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
My GP told me to take 800 IE per day (recommended dose for adult), not more, as I my blood test showed sufficient level. My husband with vitamin D insufficiency should take 3000 per day for few weeks and after that take the normal dose (800). I don't know why people tend to take 5000 and more per day for months.

As for the small children, vitamin D drops are given to all newborns and it's a very important supplement for them in our climate, so I believe there is no minimal age limit, only the dosage should be correct for the age.
You should take whatever amount you feel comfortable with after discussing it with healthcare practitioners as necessary. I can’t recommend a specific dose. I can only say that I think it’s sensible to supplement for a short part of the year whilst living in this climate. I take what would be considered a high dose per day. Occasionally I forget it or I’m out and it’s no big deal.