View Single Post
Old 03.01.2021, 22:01
modified, reprogrammed and doctored˛

Groaned at 359 Times in 246 Posts
Thanked 19,199 Times in 10,021 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Covid Vaccine: Will you get it?

Quote:
View Post
The question on transmission is an interesting one, if the current crop of vaccines fails to reduce transmission there is still the option of intranasal vaccine sprays. The conventional vaccine is given in muscle far away from the nose so it relies on the production of circulating antibodies being formed in the blood, some of which will make its way towards the nose to neutralise the virus.

Whether that is enough to tackle the reservoir of rapidly dividing viruses up there is the billion dollar question. What a vaccine spray would do is give you much more localised mucosal immunity (the lining of the nasal passages).
I honestly think it's a great idea. Windex fans will agree with me?

But can't see a universal spray against a virus that mutates. So us exposed staff get a different spray a week? We spray twice a week? Or on Sunday. Or just once for good? What is that going to do long term to our regular immunity and how will that mutate the virus, if used en mass.

Anyways. I tend to think that we need to adapt already now to the idea of potentially carrying covid and count on it when planning our social life, travels, family life...etc. The threat is unlikely to disappear fast.

“The only difference between a rut and a grave is a matter of depth.” S.P. Cadman

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." A. Einstein