View Single Post
Old 04.01.2021, 16:52
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 73 Times in 52 Posts
Thanked 3,016 Times in 1,039 Posts
Pachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UK citizen, Brexit: Obtaining C permit in future

Quote:
View Post
You obtained your C permit prior to the introduction of new integration criteria. Also no certificates are requested when renewing C permits.
No problem, I know that the rules have been changed or reformulated recently. But the language requirement has been around for years in one form or another, as I well remember reading about the need for certificates and spoken interview tests in some Kantons long before I applied for my first.

Maybe certificates are now being requested every time in every Kanton. Worth mentioning though that someone in my family recently applied for a B Permit and had arranged some German classes in line with the rules that now state that rudimentary language skills are expected, but that the requirement would be waived if they produced proof of intention to join a course. In the event, they weren't asked to produce the course confirmation. Actually, the rules are a bit all over the place. The list we had also said that health insurance was a prerequisite for the granting of a permit when in fact you can't get health insurance without a permit! It's a Catch 22.

Some good basic info (in English) on language requirements is contained here: https://www.eda.admin.ch/dam/countri...achweis_EN.pdf

I wouldn't advise anyone to ignore these stipulations but I'm still not convinced that these strict standards are being checked everywhere. Better safe than sorry though.