View Single Post
Old 05.01.2021, 11:16
Forum Legend

Groaned at 34 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 25,288 Times in 7,887 Posts
meloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serafe - wifi but that's it

Quote:
View Post
That's not related to the change fro, Billag to Serafe though, is it? Just that they scrapped the Radio-only licence as an irrelevance.

Anyway, even under the old rules you should have been paying the full amount. The fact that you are posting here is proof enough that you have equipment capable of TV reception.
Nope, I checked and double checked with Billag itself.

Had the cable thingy plumbed, had no subscription services, no TV - Billag actually sent me a nice letter saying all good, I didn't have to pay the TV portion.

I filled out their occasional questionaire re-stating what I had and what I did not have, and throughout the years always the same: I qualified for the exception. IIRC, about 5% of households qualified. (As above I dutifully paid the radio bit.)

But recently (a year or three ago ?) that exception was all but eliminated. Now not having a subscription service no longer gets one out of the 'capable of recieving' bit. IIRC the change came about the time of the advent of Serafe.

A few households still qualify for the exception, but only a very few.