View Single Post
Old 05.01.2021, 11:37
Forum Legend

Groaned at 502 Times in 402 Posts
Thanked 22,426 Times in 9,116 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serafe - wifi but that's it

Quote:
View Post
I have the feeling that we are in a bit of an echo-chamber in EF, as most members are not Swiss and don't consume so much (or any) local public media (in local language) or a lot less than the general population. So the negative bias we have here, when compared to the overall population (which voted overwhelmingly to KEEP the license fee quite recently) is quite understandable.

I think it's a bit of our responsibility to try to put ourselves in the shoes of the citizens whose country we have moved in, and try to "live" with the local culture. Or embrace it, whatever floats your boat.
It's a bad argument.

My family are Swiss. I have never owned a TV in my life until last year as the kids wanted one to watch films.
They are also not interested in Swiss, or any TV.

The Swiss love watching wild animals at circuses here even though this abhorrent practice is banned in almost every other European country.

Should I pay to subsidise this too if I had to as it's part of local culture?
This user would like to thank Tom1234 for this useful post: