View Single Post
Old 05.01.2021, 21:05
la mod

Groaned at 117 Times in 95 Posts
Thanked 16,474 Times in 5,244 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Buying Second-Hand Diesel Car

Quote:
View Post
Thanks for all the great responses. Ride I had in mind is a BMW 530D Touring from 2014. Some further research seems to reveal that it has the Euro 6 classification, just. As per @Komsomolez's post, perhaps the trick is to keep it for 10 years / end of life. Then you deal with the depreciation issue pretty easily, and get to drive that sweet inline 6 for as long as possible, before the inevitable switch to something 'cleaner'.
I had the same 3.0 - 6cyl engine in my 2014 330d and it is fantastic, so much power and effortless cruising on the highway.

I had the car from new all the way upto 225k km and the only thing of note is that after I passed 150k km it started to consume about a litre of oil between its regular services. Other than that completely reliable, and if you can get the twin turbo 535d it would be even better.

The following 2 users would like to thank Castro for this useful post: