View Single Post
Old 06.01.2021, 08:04
Forum Legend

Groaned at 1,078 Times in 742 Posts
Thanked 18,322 Times in 7,119 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: TV licence, Serafe in place of Billag

Quote:
View Post
https://gb.srgssr.ch/de/2019/download-center

"Die SRG schliesst das Geschäftsjahr 2019 mit einem Jahresverlust von 22,2 Mio. Franken (Vorjahresgewinn 6,8 Mio. Franken)."

Am i getting this right? They lost 29 million francs this year? They charge nearly every household in the country a franc a day, and still lose money? With coronavirus, when they were likely not spending so much on the production end of things? And when people were home during lockdown consuming more TV with free time, therefore (i would assume) increasing advertising revenues?

My neighbors down the street threw the bill letters away as soon as they started to arrive by post, years ago, and they stopped being sent. They've never heard a peep from serape.
Here's a link to the actual document and not just the downloads center: https://gb.srgssr.ch/fileadmin/dam/p...RG-2019_de.pdf

Translation of the paragraph:

Quote:
However, 2019 will also go down in the history of SRG as a year in which the advertising revenues have plummeted. The major international online platforms are not only targeting print advertising, but
also target television. The entire television market is affected
- the private as well as the public. SRG's TV advertising revenues fell
around 25 million francs. The SRG closes its 2019 financial year with a
anticipated and realized loss of 22.2 million francs, that too
Provisions for restructuring measures taken into account. The restructuring measures will be implemented from 2020.
So in 2019 they lost 22.2 million francs. That is baaaadddd and I can only imagine, like all Swiss institutions with long-established "Old Boy Clubs" at the exec level, how many fatcat salaries they have too. I bet the reported loss for 2020 will be similarly bad if not worse.

But hey, as one member here said with such strength, grit and determination... "there's not much we can do about it and you can afford to fund it... so why bother to risk an ulcer thinking or complaining about it?". Right? Surely an admirable principle to apply to all areas of life.

Last edited by Chuff; 06.01.2021 at 08:30.