View Single Post
Old 06.01.2021, 15:09
Forum Legend

Groaned at 90 Times in 55 Posts
Thanked 5,277 Times in 2,445 Posts
Island Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Covid Vaccine: Will you get it?

Quote:
View Post
I'm torn. My age says I'm a risk, but several friends around my age and even older, got the virus and got over it - some quicker than others. One friend my age got it, and didn't know he had it. Another had it and all he took were two aspirins!

My 35 year old son got it, very ill for 2 days, weak for 3 more days then back at work.

So my dilemma is, we're told it's safe, it protects at either 70 or 90% depending on the manufacturer, but it has had a very short testing period, so we don't know the long term effects. Say what you want, and be persuaded by the scientists it's safe, but the truth is they cannot know. They thought Thalidomide was safe and look what happened there.

So my take is, I'll wait at least six more moths. I'll continue to wear masks, wash hands, disinfect etc and then evaluate the situation then.
Thalidomide Never went through trials

... also itís still in use today for cancer treatment etc.
The following 7 users would like to thank Island Monkey for this useful post: