View Single Post
Old 06.01.2021, 15:56
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 35 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,083 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Covid Vaccine: Will you get it?

Quote:
View Post
I'm torn. My age says I'm a risk, but several friends around my age and even older, got the virus and got over it - some quicker than others. One friend my age got it, and didn't know he had it. Another had it and all he took were two aspirins!

My 35 year old son got it, very ill for 2 days, weak for 3 more days then back at work.

So my dilemma is, we're told it's safe, it protects at either 70 or 90% depending on the manufacturer, but it has had a very short testing period, so we don't know the long term effects. Say what you want, and be persuaded by the scientists it's safe, but the truth is they cannot know. They thought Thalidomide was safe and look what happened there.

So my take is, I'll wait at least six more moths. I'll continue to wear masks, wash hands, disinfect etc and then evaluate the situation then.
If your son shares your genes and was very ill despite his much younger age I'm not sure it's sensible for you to refuse.

Reality is that protection is probably close to 100% in terms of stopping you getting very sick or dying. The 60-95% is the efficacy in preventing you from catching it. Does it really matter if its relegated to a slight cough as a result of the vaccine? Not really.

I work in Pharma - Thalidomide would never have been approved now for pregnant women. Don't let that sway your thinking. Its a very long time ago and lessons have been thoroughly learnt.

If you were my dad I'd be giving you blue murder until you had it.
The following 4 users would like to thank HickvonFrick for this useful post: