View Single Post
Old 06.01.2021, 16:56
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 444 Times in 260 Posts
Thanked 2,734 Times in 1,244 Posts
TonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Willing to bet you that the English economy outperforms all of Germany, France, Italy and Spain in the next 10-20 years.
I expect so to, demographics alone should ensure that if nothing else.

I believe in one my first posts on this thread I said that I never expected Brexit to have a massive influence on the UK economy either way and I still think that is the case. There are economic advantages to be had from Brexit, however I still don't think there is the political will to take advantage of it. The main advantage is that the UK government will have to govern and no longer be able to use the EU as an excuse for anything.

As for the EU, Covid has accelerated the pace in which the world was moving anyway. The EU cannot keep up their war on tech, whilst trying to use regulation and trade barriers to preserve the outdated industries and expect the economy to thrive.
The following 2 users would like to thank TonyClifton for this useful post: