View Single Post
Old 06.01.2021, 20:24
Forum Legend

Groaned at 446 Times in 384 Posts
Thanked 18,517 Times in 9,811 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

Some signs of bravery by GOP leaders

As already posted, Pence;
Quote:
Vice President Pence on Wednesday told Congress he will not block the certification of the Electoral College vote, likely removing the last obstacle to Joe Biden being certified the winner of the November presidential election.

"It is my considered judgment that my oath to support and defend the Constitution constrains me from claiming unilateral authority to determine which electoral votes should be counted and which should not," Pence wrote.
& McConnell
Quote:
McConnell, speaking from the Senate floor, said that the allegations of fraud didn’t reach the standard for challenging the election results and warned of dramatic consequences if the effort were successful.

“If this election were overturned by mere allegations from the losing side, our democracy would enter a death spiral. We’d never see the whole nation accept the election again,” McConnell said.
The following 3 users would like to thank marton for this useful post: