View Single Post
Old 07.01.2021, 10:58
All mod cons

Groaned at 290 Times in 229 Posts
Thanked 19,529 Times in 7,690 Posts
22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

Quote:
View Post
Yes, your inability to understand statistics on display once again.
Haha, I love the condescension from the troll! You show me your qualifications in statistics and I'll show you mine. Hint, mine has the words "mathematical statistics" written in black ink on it.

Unfortunately you're the one displaying yet another facet of your ignorance, to add to your lack of knowledge of world trade procedures and American politics, as well as your total failure in prognostication. 7,059,741 votes is 9.5% more than Trump's total. Nearly 10%; you call that a whisker? Statistics -- see?

Biden's massive popular vote win is all the more impressive when you consider that five of the 59 presidential elections to date were won by a candidate with a net negative margin on the popular vote, including dear old Trump, of course. That means that his aggregate losing margin over his two presidential elections is a staggering 9,928,427. People over there really don't like him, do they? Statistics!

With 51.32% of the popular vote, Biden's win ranks 32nd in the list of 59 elections. That's just below the median and very far from a "whisker". 17 presidents -- more than a quarter of them -- were elected with a smaller popular vote margin (in percentage terms) than Biden's, including Trump, whose (negative) margin against Clinton was the third lowest of all time. Now that's a whisker. Look, statistics!

Quote:
View Post
It's closer still if you look at the states that swung it for Mr Biden.
Well, there's a wonderfully meaningless statement. How about following up with "Trump would've won it if it weren't for Georgia, Pennsylvania, Arizona, and all the other states that went for Biden!" Or maybe you could just sit in the corner, wailing "The election was rigged! Fraud! Hoax!"

Your butthurt really is showing!
The following 6 users would like to thank 22 yards for this useful post: