View Single Post
Old 07.01.2021, 14:38
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 454 Times in 266 Posts
Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,279 Posts
TonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

Quote:
View Post
They wont, that's the thing about freedom of speech - everyone is entitled to an opinion and TV opinions are designed to shape voters. One person, one vote is a core problem which we all know is a problem, but have no means of solving within the current framework of what we call "democracy".

Reminds me of the wise words of George Carlin - think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that
I agree limits of democracy is being stretched as people who believe in democracy don't behave in the way that we saw yesterday (and have seen on and off for the past four years). If people don't believe their vote matters or that the system isn't working for them then they get violent.

I don't think freedom of speech is the problem though, nor do I think authoritarianism or censorship is the answer. I do believe tech, the internet and its effect on main stream media is the catalyst that is causing many of the problems we're seeing.