View Single Post
Old 07.01.2021, 18:13
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 218 Times in 138 Posts
Thanked 2,523 Times in 881 Posts
Susie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Employer insists on working from the office

I love a mix of office and working from home not during pandemic times. While I understand some of you still want to go into the office right now, it is the selfish thing to do.

There have been several cases transmitted in my spotlessly clean (scrubbed all day by a cleaning staff) office, where we are also required to wear masks. If some people still come in, others feel pressured to as well. The best thing to do right now, is for everyone to make the necessary sacrifice & stay at home for a couple of months, so we can get the numbers down. It isn't asking the world of you...it is actually asking very little to request that you please stay home and work in your pyjamas. Without the mandate, short sighted bosses continue to insist their employees come into the office and cases will still needlessly spread.

My mental health is certainly suffering (battled with depression my entire life) due to isolation, but it would suffer much more if I harmed someone else by spreading the virus for no good reason, got sick myself or I lost someone I loved.
The following 3 users would like to thank Susie-Q for this useful post: