View Single Post
Old 08.01.2021, 11:10
Forum Legend

Groaned at 34 Times in 28 Posts
Thanked 4,049 Times in 1,793 Posts
Anjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What ďextrasĒ will my Krankenkasse pay for?

Quote:
View Post
Hi all -

Iím adjusting to actually having health insurance and want to take full advantage, but itís all very new. Currently Iíve seen the doctor a couple of times for back problems but didnít think to ask him about the extra things Iím now looking to buy (like a heating pad, and a sit/stand desk for my home office...). Does anyone know about or have experience with whether the Krankenkasse pays for things like this if my doctor were to recommend them? (If it helps, I have the basic insurance plus one or two extra coverages.)

Also, any tips on things that are covered that you were pleasantly surprised by? Not necessarily related to my issue, Iím just curious what things I might not think of that I could be taking advantage of!
I very much doubt your health insurance would contribute towards the cost of a desk, even if your doctor thought it might help with your back problems.
A heat pad might be a possibility..... although you'd need a prescription for one, not just a recommendation.

I understand some insurances will contribute towards an annual visit to a health spa, but you'd need to check your own policy to check if you're covered.
#2 son's in-laws got an unexpected extra bonus during their own health spa trip this Spring, both coming back sick with covid.
The following 5 users would like to thank Anjela for this useful post: