View Single Post
Old 08.01.2021, 13:26
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 1,491 Times in 779 Posts
kri has a reputation beyond reputekri has a reputation beyond reputekri has a reputation beyond reputekri has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What “extras” will my Krankenkasse pay for?

Quote:
View Post
I realise that medical aids are set up in this commercial manner in other countries but I think you should reassess your approach here in Switzerland. Switzerland offers great medical aid coverage, private yet universal - when you need it, it will have your back, no matter the cost. This is a great privilege for all of us, something we should not take for granted when we see what a disaster other countries make of it. Let’s not abuse it, let’s not take advantage of it for silly non-necessary add-ons. No, spas and heat pads are not medical treatment. MRIs, chemotherapy, hip replacements are medical therapies. Please don’t waste the doctor‘s and medical aid’s time trying to maximize your returns. When you are in an accident, when you are really sick, that is the time where your returns will be paid out. In the meantime by all means, go get all your medical issues sorted out by your GP but limit it to real issues and let it be enough that the treatment he/she prescribed is fully covered.
I don't disagree with you but if I decide to pay for a supplementary insurance that offers a spa treatment each year, then I definitely want to make sure I get what I pay for - in the end the company offers it so also makes money on it as its not a charity institution.
The following 2 users would like to thank kri for this useful post: