Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 08.01.2021, 15:49
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 32 Times in 32 Posts
Thanked 3,341 Times in 1,548 Posts
Axa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
I'm not sure if even active support is required, I think sympathy to their situation would suffice. I think this is rather an exercise in getting the governments to reconsider their position as opposed to a long term strategy.
I remembered a story from last April/May, sorry for the lack of details but we live in a small world. Last May an acquaintance A with a business complained at the lack of support from the government, literally saying if the force us to close, they should compensate the loses, we get almost nothing, it's insulting...etc.

A month later when all the restrictions lifted we met acquaintance B who also has a shop and asked since we listened to horror stories from small business owners. The answer was: I declare all my income for tax purposes. Since, the support is proportional to declared income, no problem at all.

So, there's always a lot of unknown details behind every situation. Be skeptical of authorities, and also be skeptical of protesters.

Last edited by Axa; 08.01.2021 at 16:17. Reason: typo + grammar, need moar coffee
The following 2 users would like to thank Axa for this useful post: