Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 08.01.2021, 16:45
Banned

Groaned at 41 Times in 17 Posts
Harness is considered knowledgeableHarness is considered knowledgeableHarness is considered knowledgeable
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
I remembered a story from last April/May, sorry for the lack of details but we live in a small world. Last May an acquaintance A with a business complained at the lack of support from the government, literally saying if the force us to close, they should compensate the loses, we get almost nothing, it's insulting...etc.

A month later when all the restrictions lifted we met acquaintance B who also has a shop and asked since we listened to horror stories from small business owners. The answer was: I declare all my income for tax purposes. Since, the support is proportional to declared income, no problem at all.

So, there's always a lot of unknown details behind every situation. Be skeptical of authorities, and also be skeptical of protesters.
This is similar to the self employed complaining in the UK.
A lot of them are 'abusing' the system by paying themselves minimum wage, then dividends, which attract less tax and NI.
Then they are complaining they get nothing out of furlough, when in effect they are putting hardly anything in.
Obviously, a generalisation, I'm sure there are many genuine cases as well.
This user would like to thank Harness for this useful post: