View Single Post
Old 08.01.2021, 19:54
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 38 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 2,449 Times in 1,192 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance in 2 countries

Quote:
View Post
As said, you would have to register in Switzerland and then pay health insurance. Then you’d de-register soon after and stop paying health insurance....... I think the insurance company would probably be asking questions. Also you’ll be rocking up to have your baby, when all scans etc have been done in U.K. and Dr/Hospital here will know nothing about you and vice-versa.
Reminds me of when we had our first child. My wife INSISTED that she would be going to a hospital 20 miles away (which would involve going through inner london) to give birth. We went there for scan after scan.

When she went into labour fast we barely got to the local hospital half a mile a way on time (she gave birth 90 minutes after getting through the front door).I could see it a million miles off but she wouldn't have it. The staff were wonderful despite us being completely unexpected. And she had uncontrolled gestational diabetes that made it a notionally complicated delivery.

If I didn't put my foot down she'd have in the pushing phase in the Taxi.
The following 2 users would like to thank HickvonFrick for this useful post: