View Single Post
Old 08.01.2021, 19:59
Forum Legend

Groaned at 250 Times in 176 Posts
Thanked 8,971 Times in 3,386 Posts
Pancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

Quote:
View Post
This is IMHO the wrong move. Pelosi and the Blue leadership is driven by a personal agenda - to prove they can impeach him as they already failed once. This is the wrong thing to do from the Dem perspective, but also the wrong thing for the US. I firmly believe that turning Trump into a martyr will give more fuel and more energy for his sycophantic fans.

Moreover, Mitch McConnell ain't stupid. Allowing this to pass will "prove" his was wrong before and the Republicans know that they will have very tough 4 years to go, helping the Dems now is stupid from their perspective.

Let him fall down, foaming and fuming, make it as public as possible and then, sometime in spring drag him into the deepest tax audit ever and then jail him before year end.
Yeah, but I guess I was thinking that part of its purpose (an impeachment) is that it would prevent Trump from being allowed to ever take office again (to run in 2024).

I think Pelosi and some others are still really freaked out right now -- and rightly so. And I think the only reason Trump released that video, finally admitting that the riots were wrong and basically conceding, is because he fears being removed from office via the 25th Amendment otherwise. But it's true that if he was removed from office, he would play the victim about it (because that's what he does) and try to turn himself into a martyr in the minds of his followers.
The following 3 users would like to thank Pancakes for this useful post: