View Single Post
Old 08.01.2021, 20:04
la mod

Groaned at 117 Times in 95 Posts
Thanked 16,406 Times in 5,222 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

Quote:
View Post
This is IMHO the wrong move. Pelosi and the Blue leadership is driven by a personal agenda - to prove they can impeach him as they already failed once. This is the wrong thing to do from the Dem perspective, but also the wrong thing for the US. I firmly believe that turning Trump into a martyr will give more fuel and more energy for his sycophantic fans.

Moreover, Mitch McConnell ain't stupid. Allowing this to pass will "prove" his was wrong before and the Republicans know that they will have very tough 4 years to go, helping the Dems now is stupid from their perspective.

Let him fall down, foaming and fuming, make it as public as possible and then, sometime in spring drag him into the deepest tax audit ever and then jail him before year end.
Makes sense, the democrats won big and can afford to show magnanimity in victory. If he had a year left then I would say 'impeach the bastard' but he has little more than a working week so just let him sink in his own bile. He already looked pretty chastened this morning, I doubt he will want to rock any more boats.

I hope I'm not wrong
The following 2 users would like to thank Castro for this useful post: