View Single Post
Old 08.01.2021, 21:18
Forum Legend

Groaned at 34 Times in 28 Posts
Thanked 4,015 Times in 1,781 Posts
Anjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance in 2 countries

Quote:
View Post
indeed, hence the lol

Anyhow, talking here about t'other way round- and I truly do not think there is a way. Can your mum or other family come to stay with you to help out?
Mind you, I had mine in the UK and no help- and quite enjoyed the lack of interference from anyone.
I had my second in CH, hundreds of miles from my family, already with a toddler to deal with and to all intents and purposes alone. It's not fun.
Your own situation fifty+ years ago (and mine, slightly more recent but still eons ago), and that of londonm simply aren't comparable....

londonm, how far along are you? If you've still got several months to go and have no work commitments then I'd try to return now and reinstate residency. If you are still working (or for other reasons will be unable to travel until just before the birth) then sensibly it really would be better to either ask your mother? to travel to be with you, or resign yourself to coping in London with just the father (assuming he's around) as your immediate support.

Bear in mind that even in 'normal' times most airlines won't accept you as a passenger once you're 36 weeks pregnant, and traveling now really might not be the best of ideas.
Otherwise; the swiss health service won't turn you away during labour, but personally I'd stay put until this mess is over with.