View Single Post
Old 08.01.2021, 22:21
Forum Legend

Groaned at 397 Times in 306 Posts
Thanked 16,825 Times in 9,491 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance in 2 countries

Quote:
View Post
They should charge you.... but in practice, I don't think it is often done, I don't think there is a good admin system set up for billing people and it gets let slide.
We had a job to actually get them to get the paperwork for hubby when he was in hospital there a few years ago. Took over a week before they produced it. But since then they should have been tightening up on medical tourists so I wouldn't count on getting away without having to pay in some way, be it via your insurance company or out of your own pocket.

To the OP as others have said I wouldn't even attempt to travel atm. Have your baby in the UK and don't try and come here for the birth. I get that you want to be nearer to your family at this time, but it's just not practical or safe for you and the baby.