View Single Post
Old 09.01.2021, 13:56
Forum Legend

Groaned at 446 Times in 384 Posts
Thanked 18,517 Times in 9,811 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

Quote:
View Post
100% agree. He wanted to say something totally different and ad-lib, but someone somehow told him he'd better stick to the script. Ivanka, maybe?

I agree with this, at least if we take the pandemic out of the equation. His fans also note the "accomplishment" of installing more than 200 so-called conservative judges during his/McConnell's reign.

Despite his flaws/failures, Trump resonated with some 74 million people. That's not a small number to completely dismiss as a fascistic fringe.

Agree, Biden was in the right place at the right time. I recall one media outlet (BBC?) that said they'd never seen a candidate campaign so little and be so successful.

Sharing more from my social media feed from Trump's loyal followers:
I do not see how "we can take the pandemic out of the equation", that is an extreme example of whitewashing Trump's failures.
If he had addressed the pandemic vigorously, always worn a mask, promoted social distancing, and not continuously played down the extremely serious nature of the disease then the situation today would be much better.
You only have to look at the pictures of the Capitol insurrection to see his keenest supporters avoid masks and social distancing.

I am sure his pandemic failure was a significant factor for the 81 million who voted for Biden.

You are correct about him appointing many conservative judges. But luckily for the rest of us, these judges demonstrate they administer the law just like liberal-leaning judges.