View Single Post
Old 10.01.2021, 15:39
Moderately Amused

Groaned at 84 Times in 80 Posts
Thanked 18,353 Times in 8,203 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can we do a free covid-test?

Quote:
View Post
Is it legal? The pharmacies are not allowed to take anything on top of the costs of quick test.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the 80 Francs is allowed to cover administrative costs and all the PPE required. The clinic we went to charged 80 and the lab itself 106.

Administratively, the clinic had to take our names, address, phone number, email, and insurance information even though we were self-pay. They coordinate with the lab that processes the sample.

You should see how much kit they need for one test. The nurse had on a mask, a face shield, 2 pairs of gloves, booties, and a gown. All of that was disposed of and redone after she tested Mr Wishes. And again after she tested me. If you do that for every person it's going to add up. There was also the swab in a sealed package, a tube in a sealed package (to put the swab in after it was used), and the special envelope that was used to transport the sample to the lab. She put all her used PPE and the wrappers from the swab and tube into a small rubbish sack, which was then put into a larger, yellow rubbish sack that I think was marked biohazard or something.

All of that for two people who had no symptoms and only needed a test to travel!