View Single Post
Old 10.01.2021, 19:35
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 23 Times in 23 Posts
Thanked 2,529 Times in 1,192 Posts
Axa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Have the Big Tech Giants got too much power ?

Are we reading the English Forum via an app downloaded from Google Play? No, for better or worse this forum is based on a technology before Web 2.0 (wordpress, blogger, FB) and closed-ecosystem apps.

There was a time when I cared about things that I told other people to not use apps, there's a general purpose tool called the web browser. You don't need Apple to take care of you. People more intelligent than me replied as droids no virus in iPhones, literally surrendered freedom for apparent safety and less clicks. Just for context, I'm not crazy enough to install the TOR Browser, but I use Firefox and cheap androids.

Same situation with Chrome, don't use it. Take power away from that giant. I was worried about the Google Pixel and the Amazon Fire phones. Luckily both phones were flops.

Also for context, about a year ago we had Trump Vs Huawei. So, nothing new under the clouds